Spicy Lamb and Feta Burgers with Cucumber Salsa
Succulent lamb burgers with a greek twist. Bursting with summer flavours of paprika, cumin, lemon and feta served with cucumber, tomato, olive salsa.
- 450g lean lamb mince
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3-4 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or coriander
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 125g Feta cheese, roughly crumbled
For the Cucumber salsa:
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g black olives, drained and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Sourdough bread slices, or similar to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
- In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together.
- Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 4 x 9cm burgers. If time allows cover and chill for 20 minutes. Meanwhile mix the cucumber salsa ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook the burgers under a preheated moderate grill or barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve with the sourdough bread or similar, salad leaves and salsa, or a selection of relishes.