Tasty Burgers with Pickled Cucumber Relish
A great alfresco beef burger recipe with a pickled cucumber relish made with mayonnaise, dill, mustard and pickled cucumber.
- 450g beef mince
- 1 small green apple, e.g. Granny Smith, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
For the Pickled Cucumber Relish:
- 5 tablespoons Greek yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 2-3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 50g pickled cucumbers or gherkins, drained and finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
- Muffins or burger buns, to serve
- Salad accompaniments, to serve
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into four 10cm burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated, moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked, or until any meat juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare the relish; place all the ingredients into a small bowl and mix gently.
- Serve the burgers with salad accompaniments and a spoonful of the relish in either an English muffin or burger bun of your choice.