Tasty Lamb Pastry Twists
- 300g lean lamb mince
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cumin
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 2 x 320g puff pastry sheets
- 50g grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat a large non-stick pan until hot. Add the mince, onion, garlic, spices and seasoning. Dry fry for 10 minutes under a moderate heat, stirring occasionally until the mince is brown.
- Remove from the heat and add the courgette.
- Lay the pastry sheets onto a large square baking sheet, lined with baking parchment or grease proof paper.
- Position a large dinner plate in the centre of the pastry and cut out a large circle. Remove the first pastry disc.
- Spoon the filling over the base of the pastry disc and sprinkle over the cheese. Place the other pastry disc on top. Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
- Take a glass and gently place it in the centre of the pastry disc. Using a knife or scissors, cut the strips away from the edge of the glass to the edge of the pastry disc.
- Take each strip and twist gently. Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.