Bay Infused Potatoes
An ideal accompaniment to the cured beef fillet or any beef dish.
- 1kg small new potatoes, cooked and halved
- 1 red onion, peeled and halved
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 5-6 bay leaves, torn
- 40g butter
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- Place the potatoes, onions, garlic and bay leaves in a large pan of boiling, salted water and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until almost tender. Drain and set aside to cool. Remove and discard the garlic cloves and bay leaves. Cut the onions into wedges.
- Heat the butter, oil and paprika in a large non-stick pan over a moderate heat. Add the potatoes and onion wedges, tossing gently. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer and serve with the cured beef fillet.