Couscous, Cranberry and Pistachio Stuffing
Festive stuffing balls made with cooked couscous, dried cranberries, herbs and butter.
- 175g dried couscous
- 350ml good, hot vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
- 2 tablespoons shelled pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4.
- Cook the couscous according to the packet instructions with the stock, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the remaining stuffing ingredients to the cooled couscous.
- Using slightly damp hands shape the stuffing into 24 small balls. Transfer to a foil-lined baking tray and chill for 10 minutes to firm up, then bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve the stuffing with roast beef or lamb.