Couscous, Cranberry and Pistachio Stuffing
Festive stuffing balls made with cooked couscous, dried cranberries, herbs and butter.
- 175g/6oz dried couscous
- 350ml/12fl oz good, hot vegetable stock
- 45ml/3tbsp dried cranberries or raisins
- 30ml/2tbsp shelled pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g/2oz butter, melted
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F.
2. Cook the couscous according to the packet instructions with the stock, then set aside to cool slightly.
3. Add the remaining stuffing ingredients to the cooled couscous.
4. Using slightly damp hands shape the stuffing into 24 small balls. Transfer to a foil-lined baking tray and chill for 10 minutes to firm up, then bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden.
5. Serve the stuffing with roast beef or lamb.