- 1 x 500g pack white bread mix
- 2 teaspoons freshly milled black pepper
- Flour, for dusting
- 25g prepared garlic butter (optional)
- Add the black pepper to the bread mix and make up according to the packet instructions. Mix to form a dough with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer to a lightly floured board and knead for 5 minutes (or use a mixer with a dough hook). Put in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Remove the dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a naan-shaped oval, measuring about 22cm in length.
- Cover loosely with a tea towel and leave to prove for 10 minutes.
- Melt the garlic butter in a small saucepan, if used.
- Heat a large griddle pan, add the bread, one portion at a time and cook for 1½-2 minutes on each side until golden, brushing with the garlic butter, if used.
- Serve these flatbreads with our Grilled Lamb with Anchovy and Mustard Skewers, curries or a keema base filling.
Tips:For flavoured bread, mix dried herbs of your choice into the bread mix.