Marinated Denver Steaks
Denver Steaks are a relatively new steak cut in the UK, but is popular in the US and is best cooked rare to medium. This recipe is perfect for steaks as it's a marinade made with fresh garlic, sherry vinegar, mustard, light soy sauce, a little oil and seasoning. For best results marinate the steaks overnight.
To Cook Rare: 1½-2 minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 2-2½ minutes on each side
- 2 lean Denver beef steaks
For the Marinade:
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- In a shallow dish mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the steaks and coat on both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or if time allows, overnight.
- Remove the steaks from the fridge and bring up to room temperature.
- Heat a non-stick griddle pan, remove the steaks from the marinade and cook according to your preference. Remove the steaks from the pan, transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with French fries and a crisp salad.