Marinated Denver Steaks
To Cook Rare: 1½-2 minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 2-2½ minutes on each side
- 2 Denver steaks
For the Marinade
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp sherry vinegar
- 10ml/2tsp Dijon mustard
- 30ml/2tbsp light soy sauce
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
In a shallow dish mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the steaks and coat on both sides.
Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or if time allows, overnight.
Remove the steaks from the fridge and bring up to room temperature.
Heat a non-stick griddle pan, remove the steaks from the marinade and cook according to your preference. Remove the steaks from the pan, transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Serve with French fries and a crisp salad.