Quinoa and Sugar Snap Pea Salad
A great healthy salad for all the family featuring quinoa and sugar snap peas.
- 150g quinoa, rinsed in cold water and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 175g sugar snap peas, blanched in hot water for 1 minute
- 50g toasted pumpkin seeds
- Place the quinoa in a large pan with 850ml/1½pints cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the oil, vinegar, seasoning and herbs.
- Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and fluff up with a fork. Stir in the peas, pumpkin seeds and dressing then serve.