Teriyaki Lamb Stir-fry
A speedy stir fry supper dish using lamb stir fry strips and a home-made Teriyaki sauce
- 375g lean lamb stir-fry strips
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 1 x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 100g broccoli florets
- 100g mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel
- ½ teaspoon freshly milled black pepper
- To prepare the Teriyaki sauce; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok and stir-fry the lamb for 3-4 minutes with the garlic, ginger and broccoli. Add the mushrooms and spring onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce, toss gently and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Season if required.
- Serve the stir-fry with noodles or rice.