Thai Beef Noodle Salad
A fresh and tasty warm beef salad with a zingy lime dressing and a teriyaki marinade to set off the juicy steak slices.
Based on a 2cm steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ mins on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 mins on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 mins on each side
- 2 lean rump or fillet steaks
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 3 tablespoons prepared Teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- Handful freshly chopped mint
For the Salad:
- 100g rice noodles, cooked and cooled
- 8 radishes, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced (using a swivel head potato peeler) into ribbons
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Place the steaks in a shallow dish and season with the pepper. Add the Teriyaki sauce and oil. Coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the dressing; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick griddle pan, remove the steaks from the marinade and cook on each side according to your preference. Alternatively, cook under a preheated moderate grill. Transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the salad ingredients in a large bowl and transfer to a serving plate.
- Slice the steaks and arrange over the salad. Mix the dressing together and drizzle over the salad before serving.