Veal and Chutney Toasties
A quick lunch for 2. Pan fried veal escalopes with a quick onion chutney on ciabatta.
- 2 lean veal escalopes
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 15ml/1tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 45ml/3tbsp light or reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 4 slices Ciabatta bread
- 50g-75g/2-3oz vintage Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 30ml/2tbsp prepared onion chutney
- Rocket leaves, to garnish
- Heat the half the oil in a non-stick frying or griddle pan. Add the onion and thyme and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes until the onions are soft. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Season the veal and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until brown and set aside.
- Add the chutney, rocket leaves, veal and onions then sandwich together.
- Serve with chunky chips and a side salad.