Beef Mini Roast with Mustard Crust
The mini roast is a fantastic meal option for 2-3 people that is boneless, easy to carve and ready in under an hour. This beef topside mini roast is covered with a mixture of seasoning, mustard, garlic puree and a little oil for a delicious and easy glaze. A perfect midweek meal.
- 1 x 400-450g lean beef mini roast (we used a mini topside joint)
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or similar
- 2 teaspoons garlic purée
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic purée and oil.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the mustard mixture. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
- Slice the roast and serve with gravy, mini sauté potatoes and seasonal vegetables.