Lamb Flatbreads with Pea Guacamole
Lamb leg steaks dusted in spices, cooked, cut into strips and served in a flatbread with salad and a fresh pea guacamole.
- 450g pack lean boneless lamb leg steaks, trimmed of fat
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli powder or ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander or mint leaves
- 6 medium flatbreads or naan breads
For the Salad Accompaniments:
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced, to serve
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced, to serve
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed and chopped, to serve
- 1 medium iceberg or romaine lettuce, finely sliced, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
For the Pea Guacamole:
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
- Juice of ½ lime
- Lime wedges and sliced fresh chillies, to garnish
- In a large bowl mix the oil, spices and herbs together. Add the lamb, season and coat well in the marinade. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the pea guacamole, put the peas, chilli, onion, garlic, coriander and lime juice in a blender or food processor. Whizz together until combined. Transfer to a small bowl, add the yogurt, season and stir gently. Cover and set aside until required.
- Heat a dry non-stick frying or griddle pan over a high heat. When the pan is hot, reduce the heat, add the lamb steaks and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Remove the steaks from the pan, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 2 minutes, then cut into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, warm the flatbreads or naan breads.
- Build each flatbread starting with a spoonful of the pea guacamole. Arrange the lamb strips over the guacamole and add the remaining garnish.
- Serve immediately.
Tips:If preferred, substitute the lamb leg steaks with stir-fry lamb strips instead.
Additional Recipe Information:
Nutritionals based on lamb leg steaks, trimmed of fat