Sizzling Beef with Pak Choi Noodles
A light stir fry with strips of rump or fillet steak and fresh noodles. It's a speedy supper dish to add to your recipe repetoire.
- 350g lean rump or fillet steaks, cut into thin slices
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 x 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Large bunch spring onions, trimmed and roughly sliced
- 4 small pak choi, roughly torn, or 300g purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed
- 100g bean sprouts, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 300g pack prepared noodles
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Put the beef in a large bowl, season with pepper, soy sauce, sherry, ginger and half the oil and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick wok or pan. Remove the beef from the marinade (reserve this for later) and stir fry the beef for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, pak choi or broccoli, bean sprouts, Thai fish sauce, chilli and noodles. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add the reserved marinade and cook for a further minute.
- Add the lemon zest and serve immediately.