Thai Style Roast Lamb
Serve the lamb with roasted red onions, peppers and chillies and roasted new potatoes, garnished with toasted desiccated coconut or mustard seed
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
- 900g-1.25kg/2-3lb lean half shoulder or half leg lamb joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30-45ml/2-3tbsp prepared red or green Thai curry paste
- 1 lemon grass stalk, finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and with a sharp knife make several slits over the surface of the lamb joint and season. In a small bowl mix together the Thai paste, lemon grass and oil. Spread half the mixture over the surface of the lamb. Place in a shallow dish, cover and marinate for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place the joint on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin and open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time.
- 15-20 minutes before the end of the cooking time, brush with the remaining paste mixture.
- Serve the lamb with roasted red onions, peppers and chillies and roasted new potatoes, garnished with toasted desiccated coconut or mustard seed