Barbecue Beef Fajitas with Chilli Beans
A summer version of a family favourite. Barbecued rump or sirloin steaks with a fresh chilli bean salsa in flour tortillas
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 450g/1lb lean rump or sirloin steak
- 15ml/1tbsp dried marjoram or oregano
- 10ml/2tsp smoked paprika powder
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp tomato purée
- 1 x 410g can red kidney beans, drained
- 150ml/¼pint water
- 6-8 Mediterranean wraps
- :Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Sliced avocado, red onions
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Soured cream
- Place the steaks in a shallow bowl and add the dried herb, smoked paprika and seasoning. Rub into the steaks on both sides, cover and refrigerate until required.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, beans and water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Cook the steaks according to your preference on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill.
- Cut the steaks into slices and serve in a wrap with the garnishes.