Our British-Style Fajitas are packed full of flavour with the ingredient associated with roast beef - horseradish! These fajitas are served with a dollop of horseradish cream.
- 450g/1lb lean beef mince
- 1 x 142ml carton soured cream
- 20ml/4tsp creamed horseradish
- 10ml/2tsp oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, cored, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp garlic salt
- 10ml/2tsp paprika
- 1 little gem lettuce or ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 6-8 flour tortillas
For tomato salsa
- :1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 225g/8oz cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Juice ½ lime
- Large handful freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Prepare the tomato salsa; mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the soured cream and horseradish and chill until required.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onions and peppers for 5-6 minutes until soft. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the mince, garlic salt and paprika and dry fry for 8-10 minutes, breaking down any meaty chunks with the back of a wooden spoon. Spoon off any excess fat. Return the onions and the peppers to the pan with the mince and cook for a further 4-5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile warm the tortillas under a preheated grill or in the oven for a few minutes and keep warm.
- To assemble, lay a tortilla on a plate and spoon the beef mixture in the centre. Top with the horseradish cream, lettuce and salsa. Roll up and serve immediately.
Nutrition: Per Serving