Beef and Courgette Bites
Party nibbles shallow fried with beef mince,crushed fennel seed and spring onions in a light batter.
- 175-225g/6-8oz lean beef mince
- 25-50g/1-2oz plain flour
- 5ml/1tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 125ml/4floz milk
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Large bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 10ml/2tsp toasted fennel seeds, crushed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 30-60ml/2-4tbsp sunflower oil
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, egg and milk to form a batter. Cover and set aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients together except the oil and shape into 20 bite-sized patties.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan on a moderate heat. Gently coat each patty in the batter mix and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with wild rocket leaves and serve with a Greek yoghurt and tarragon dip.