Beef and Courgette Bites
Party nibbles shallow fried containing beef mince, crushed fennel seeds and spring onions in a light batter.
- 175-225g lean beef mince
- 25-50g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 125ml milk
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Large bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2-4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, egg and milk to form a batter. Cover and set aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients together except the oil and shape into 20 bite-sized patties.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan on a moderate heat. Gently coat each patty in the batter mix and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with wild rocket leaves and serve with a Greek yogurt and tarragon dip.