Asian-Style Beef Noodles
An oriental-inspired quick stir-fry recipe with spring onions, ginger, noodles, oyster and hoisin sauce and Chinese 5 spice powder.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1-2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Schezuan or oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 125ml water
- 250g rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame or vegetable oil
- 1 x 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1-2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1-2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- Spring onions, shredded (to garnish)
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, sauces and water. Cover and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and toss in half the oil.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large, non-stick wok or shallow frying pan. Add the ginger and spring onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the beef and stir-fry for 5-10 minutes until brown. Add the Chinese five-spice powder, sauces and stir-fry for a further 5-10 minutes. Season.
- Mix together the cornflour and the sherry, add to the wok or pan and stir gently.
- Serve on a bed of rice noodles garnished with the shredded spring onions.