BBQ Beef, Mushroom and Redcurrant Burgers
These beef burgers are great for the barbecue and will be a hit with children as they'll have fun making them. Finely chopped mushrooms, grated onions, redcurrant jelly and seasoning are combined with beef mince and shaped into these mouth-watering burgers.
- 450g beef or lamb mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated
- 75g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons redcurrant jelly
- In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together. Using damp hands shape the mixture into eight 5cm/2inch evenly-sized burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked or any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers with burger buns of your choice, lettuce leaves and potato wedges.