Beef and Pesto Potato Jackets
Note: This recipe works well with lamb mince too.
- 225g/8oz lean beef mince
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30-45ml/2-3tbsp freshly chopped oregano
- 30 baby new potatoes, cooked until just tender and cut in half lengthways
- 45ml/3tbsp green or red pesto sauce
- 1 small red and yellow pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- Heat a large non-stick pan and dry fry the mince for 3-4 minutes until brown. Season and add the mint or oregano and pesto.
- Scoop out ¾ of the potato flesh with a small teaspoon or melon baller, leaving a rim around the potato skin, add to the pan with the mince and mix well.
- Place the potato halves on a large plate and return the mince mixture to the potato shells. Garnish with the red and yellow pepper.
- Just before serving reheat in the microwave, arrange and garnish with the peppers and serve immediately or eat cold.