Beef and Pesto Potato Jackets
Try these delicious beef and potato canape nibbles made with cooked beef mince, fresh herbs, prepared pesto sauce and sweet peppers. Perfect for an informal party gathering.
- 225g lean beef mince
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano
- 30 baby new potatoes, cooked until just tender and cut in half lengthways
- 3 tablespoons green or red pesto sauce
- 1 small red and yellow pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- Heat a large non-stick pan and dry fry the mince for 3-4 minutes until brown. Season and add the mint or oregano and pesto.
- Scoop out ¾ of the potato flesh with a small teaspoon or melon baller, leaving a rim around the potato skin, add to the pan with the mince and mix well.
- Place the potato halves on a large plate and return the mince mixture to the potato shells. Garnish with the red and yellow pepper.
- Just before serving reheat in the microwave, arrange and garnish with the peppers and serve immediately or eat cold.