Asian Spiced Burgers with Mango Salsa
Asian-inspired beef burgers made with garlic, ginger and aromatic spices; serve in mini naan breads topped with tangy mango salsa.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste or 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
For the Mango Salsa:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, optional
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- In a large, shallow bowl mix all the burger ingredients together.
- Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 4 x 9cm. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- To make the salsa, mix all the salsa ingredients together in a large bowl, cover and set aside in a cool place, but not the refrigerator.
- Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers in mini naans with the salsa.