Beef and Potato Stir fry
A perfect mid-week supper dish that uses potatoes instead of the traditional rice or noodles.
- 225g/8oz lean rump or sirloin steak, cut into 10cm/4inch strips
- 450g/1lb potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 15ml/1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 yellow or red pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced
- 50g/2oz mushrooms, sliced
- 75ml/5tbsp good, hot beef stock
- 45ml/3tbsp hoisin sauce
- 15ml/1tbsp sweet sherry
- Salt and pepper
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Boil the potatoes for 6-8 minutes, or until just cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok until really hot and cook the beef strips for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Mix together the stock, hoisin sauce and sherry, add to the pan, season and heat through for 1 minute.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve with green vegetables.