Five Spice Beef with Vegetables
- 450g minute, sirloin or rump steaks, cut into 10cm strips
- 1-2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 225g Savoy cabbage or spring greens, finely shredded
- 100g sugar snap peas
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons clear honey
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 25g toasted cashew nuts, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok or frying pan and stir-fry the beef strips for 1-2 minutes with the garlic, ginger, spring onion and five-spice powder.
- Add the savoy cabbage or spring greens and sugar snap peas. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Season and reduce the heat.
- In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, honey, pineapple and lime juice. Add to the pan with the cashew nuts and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with egg-fried rice or noodles.