Golden Roast Potatoes
Delicious, crunchy golden roast potatoes.
- 1.8kg/4lb floury potatoes. e.g. Desiree, Cara or Maris Piper, peeled and cut in half.
- 100ml/3½floz sunflower or olive oil or 100g/4oz beef dripping, goose or duck fat
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C, 400°F.
- Heat a large roasting tin with the oil or dripping in the oven for 5 minutes. Par-boil the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and shake the saucepan, to give the potatoes a rough texture.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and carefully add the potatoes. Toss gently, return to the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.