Peppered Veal with Tomato and Chickpea Salad
A quick and easy supper using veal escalopes with a peppered rub and a chick pea and tomato salad.
- 450g/1lb lean veal escalopes
- 15ml-30ml/1-2tbsp prepared dry spice mix of your choice (we used Italian-style rub with lemon)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp oil
For the Tomato and Chick Pea Salsa
- :½ x 400g can chick peas, drained
- 100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 15ml/1tbsp good balsamic vinegar
- 30ml/2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Spoon the dry spice mix on a large plate and coat each escalope on both sides. Set aside for later.
- To prepare the tomato and chick pea salsa; in a small bowl mix together the chick peas, cherry tomatoes, chives, vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and seasoning. Set aside until required.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying or griddle pan and cook the veal for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the veal with roasted new potatoes and the salsa.