Potato, Fennel and Olive Salad (to accompany Roast Lamb with Dill and Lemon
This delicious salad has all the ingredients associated with spring, so perfect to go with our Roast Lamb with Dill and Lemon.
- 450g/1lb salad potatoes, halved
- 300g/10½oz fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 fennel bulbs, finely sliced
- 1 large bunch freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 50g/2oz black olives, drained and halved
- 60ml/4tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 10ml/2tsp mild runny honey or caster sugar
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Add the beans and continue to cook the potatoes for a further 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the potatoes and beans to a large bowl. Add the fennel, parsley, and olives.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, lemon juice, honey or sugar and seasoning. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve with the Roast Lamb with Dill and Lemon.