Pressed Ox Tongue Salad with Horseradish and Honey Dressing
Tip: Serve sliced ox tongue with a selection of pickles or as a sandwich filling. Keep any left-over tongue in the refrigerator and use within 3 days. Alternatively, pressed tongue freezes well for up to 2 months.
- 450g cooked pressed tongue, sliced into strips
- 100g dried, cooked pasta shapes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into fine strips (using a swivel head peeler)
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 75g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 100g pack baby spinach leaves
For the salad dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons horseradish sauce or Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons runny honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- To prepare the dressing, place all the dressing ingredients into a screw-topped jar. Place the tongue in a large bowl and pour over half the dressing. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place all the salad ingredients into a large bowl with the reserved dressing. Add the tongue and toss gently.
- Serve with crusty bread.