Slow Cooked Lamb Breast with Dill and Lemon
1 hour 40 minutes
- 900g-1.3kg/2-3lb lean boneless lamb breast (unrolled)
- For the Marinade
- :Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 60ml/4tbsp freshly chopped dill
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 45ml/3tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- For the Beetroot and Potato Salad
- :450g/1lb salad potatoes, e.g. Charlotte, quartered, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 x 250g pack plain beetroot, drained and diced
- 60ml/4tbsp prepared lemon mayonnaise
- 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped chives
1. To prepare the marinade; mix all the ingredients together.
2. Place the lamb breast on a chopping board and make several slashes on each side with a sharp knife. Transfer to a shallow dish. Using rubber or disposable gloves rub the marinade over the lamb on both sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 2, 150°C, 300°F. Remove the lamb from the marinade and transfer to a roasting rack in a foil-lined roasting tin. Cover with foil and roast slowly for 1 hour 40 minutes, or until the lamb is tender.
4. In a large bowl mix all the salad ingredients together, cover and set aside.
5. Finish off the lamb on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 10 minutes, turning once. Slice the lamb into strips and serve with the salad.