Sticky Lamb Ribs
1 hour 30 minutes
- 1.3kg/3lb lean lamb ribs
For the Marinade:
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated
- 300ml/½pint ginger ale or cola
- 30ml/2tbsp light soy sauce
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp runny honey
- Freshly milled black pepper
For the Tomato, Pasta and Pea Salad:
- 200g/7oz dried pasta shapes, cooked, drained and cooled
- 200g/7oz cherry or baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 100g/4oz fresh or frozen shelled peas, blanched in hot water
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
For the Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 45ml/3tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
1. To prepare the marinade; in a large non-metallic dish mix all the ingredients together. Add the lamb and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours, or overnight if time allows.
2. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C/400°F.
3. Remove the lamb from the marinade and transfer to a large non-stick roasting tin. Roast for 1 hour covered with foil, turning once. Remove the foil, return to the oven uncovered for the final 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile prepare the salad; put the pasta, tomatoes, peas and parsley in a large bowl.
5. In a small screw-topped jar with a lid mix all the vinaigrette ingredients together. Pour the mixture over the salad then toss gently.
6. Transfer the ribs to a large plate and serve with the salad.