Thai Lamb Broth
A delicious Thai based soup using leftover cooked roast lamb combined with sweet potatoes, Thai curry paste, coconut milk, green beans, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and fresh basil. A great warm supper dish for all the family that ready in 15 minutes.
- 450g/1lb cooked roast lamb or beef, cut into strips
- 10ml/2tsp oil
- 45ml/3tbsp green Thai curry paste
- 2 small sweet potatoes or parsnips, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 x 400g can coconut milk
- 300ml/½pint good, hot vegetable stock
- 15ml/1tbsp Thai fish sauce, optional
- 10ml/2tsp caster sugar
- 100g/4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 50g/2oz peas or green beans (halved, if used)
- 100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Freshly chopped basil leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pot (with lid) and warm the lamb or beef with the curry paste for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes or parsnips, coconut milk, stock, fish sauce (if used) and sugar. Stir gently. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and peas (or green beans). Adjust the seasoning, if required and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Divide the broth between four bowls, garnish with the tomatoes and basil. Serve immediately.