Thai Lamb Broth
A delicious Thai based soup using leftover cooked roast lamb or beef combined with sweet potatoes, Thai curry paste, coconut milk, green beans, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and fresh basil. A great warm supper dish for all the family that ready in 15 minutes.
- 450g cooked roast lamb or beef, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 tablespoons green Thai curry paste
- 2 small sweet potatoes or parsnips, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 x 400g can coconut milk
- 300ml good, hot vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce, optional
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 50g peas or green beans (halved, if used)
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Freshly chopped basil leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pot (with lid) and warm the lamb or beef with the curry paste for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes or parsnips, coconut milk, stock, fish sauce (if used) and sugar. Stir gently. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and peas (or green beans). Adjust the seasoning, if required and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Divide the broth between four bowls, garnish with the tomatoes and basil. Serve immediately.