Lamb Mini Roast with Anchovy, Mint and Lemon Dressing
Try this roasted boneless lamb mini roast that is ideal for up to 3 people and served with a wonderful anchovy, mint and lemon dressing that works well with the flavour of the lamb and cooks in under an hour.
- 400-450g lean mini lamb roasting joint (we used lamb topside)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
For the Anchovy, Mint and Lemon Dressing:
- Large bunch freshly chopped mint leaves, stalks removed
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 12 anchovy fillets in oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 190°C,170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface, season and drizzle with the oil. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium roasting tin and roast for 35-40 minutes (for medium).
Meanwhile prepare the dressing; place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender, season and whizz together until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
Remove the lamb from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Slice the lamb, arrange onto warm plates and drizzle over the dressing, serve with crushed new potatoes and seasonal vegetables.