Lamb Mini Roast with Rosemary Butter (Kid's version)
Do cook the lamb mini roast recipe for the children in your family as it's easy and cooks in under 40 minutes. It's boneless and is great for midweek meals.It will also serve more than three if you cook for just the children.
- 1 x 350-400g (12-14oz) lean lamb mini roasting joint
- Pinch salt
- Freshly milled black pepper
- For the Rosemary Butter
- :25g/1oz unsalted butter, softened
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves or 5ml/1tsp dried rosemary leaves
- For the Roasted Vegetables
- :1 x 350g/12oz pack prepared roasted vegetables or 1 red onion, skinned and cut into wedges, 1 sweet pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into chunks, ½ sma
- 200g/7oz new potatoes, washed and quartered
- Gravy, to serve, optional
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
To prepare the rosemary butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
Put the roasted vegetables on a roasting tin and cook according to the packet instruction on the middle oven shelf.
Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface and season. Spread with the rosemary butter. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium roasting tin and roast for 35-40 minutes (for medium) on the top oven shelf.
Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15-20 minutes, drain, toss in a knob of any remaining herb butter in the pan.
Remove the lamb from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes. Carve and serve with gravy (if used), the roasted vegetables and potatoes.