Lamb Mini Roast with Mango Chutney (Kid's version)
Do cook the lamb mini roast recipe for the children in your family as it's easy and cooks in under 40 minutes. It's boneless and is great for midweek meals. It will also serve more than three if you cook for just the children.
- 1 x 400-450g/14oz-1lb lean lamb mini roast
- Pinch salt
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp prepared mango chutney of your choice
- For the Rice
- :375g/12oz packet dried, chilled, frozen rice or plain rice of your choice
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped mint, optional
- For the Vegetables
- :175g/6oz fresh, frozen or canned peas
- 100g/4oz fresh, frozen or canned sweet corn
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slits over the surface and season. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium roasting tin and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the joint from the oven, brush with the mango chutney and return to the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions. If using plain dried rice cook according to the packet instructions and add a vegetable stock cube to the boiling water. During the last 5 minutes of the cooking time add the vegetables to the rice. Stir gently.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 minutes if time allows.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the vegetable rice and cucumber.