Crispy Beef with Herbs and Caraway
A beef silverside or topside joint coated with dried marjoram and crushed caraway seeds, roasted and served with a refreshing mixed rice salad.
To Cook Rare: 20 minutes per 450g plus 20 minutes
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g plus 30 minutes
- 1.3kg lean beef silverside, topside or sirloin joint
- 3 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, finely crushed
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180-190°C, 160-170°C Fan, Gas Mark 4-5.
- In a small bowl mix together the marjoram, caraway seeds, garlic, olive oil and seasoning.
- Place the joint on a board, score the skin and rub the herb mixture over the joint, Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Place the joint on a rack in a roasting tin and open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any rich beefy juices. Cover the joint with foil if browning too quickly.
- Leave to rest for 5-10 minutes before carving and serve with a refreshing mixed rice salad.