Crispy Beef with Herbs and Caraway
Eat Serve the beef with a refreshing mixed rice salad.
- 1.3kg/3lb lean beef silverside, topside or sirloin joint
- 45ml/3tbsp dried marjoram
- 15ml/1tb caraway seeds, finely crushed
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 90ml/6tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- In a small bowl mix together the marjoram, caraway seeds, garlic, olive oil and seasoning.
- Place the joint on a board, score the skin and rub the herb mixture over the joint, Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Place the joint on a rack in a roasting tin and open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any rich beefy juices. Cover the joint with foil if browning too quickly.
- Leave to rest for 5-10 minutes before carving and serve with a refreshing mixed rice salad.