A Midland inspired recipe - Curried Cobs are crusty rolls stuffed with spicy beef rump steak and tomatoes.
- 225g lean beef rump steak, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 4 large crusty cobs or rolls
- Fresh coriander and/or spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 4 teaspoons mango chutney
- Handful coriander leaves and/or spinach leaves
- Place the beef and onion into a bowl. Sprinkle over the curry powder and drizzle over the oil. Mix thoroughly, leave to stand for about 30 minutes. Heat a large non-stick wok, toss in the beef mixture and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the tomato to warm through.
- Cut 4 large crusty cobs or rolls in half, top each with some coriander and/or spinach leaves and the curry meat mixture. Mix together the yogurt with the mango chutney. Place a spoonful into each cob. Replace the lid and serve immediately.