Spicy Lamb and Feta Burgers with Cucumber Salsa
Succulent lamb burgers with a greek twist. Bursting with summer flavours of paprika, cumin, lemon and feta served with cucumber, tomato, olive salsa.
- 450g/1lb lean lamb mince
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1.25ml/¼tsp ground paprika
- 5ml/1tsp ground allspice
- 2.5ml/½tsp cumin powder
- 45-60ml/3-4tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or coriander
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 125g/4½oz Feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the Cucumber salsa
- :¼ cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g/2oz black olives, drained and cut in half
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 30-45ml/2-3tbsp olive oil
- 10ml/2tsp lemon juice
- Sourdough bread slices, or similar to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
- In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together.
- Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 4 x 9cm (3½inch) burgers. If time allows cover and chill for 20 minutes. Meanwhile mix the cucumber salsa ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook the burgers under a preheated moderate grill or barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve with the sourdough bread or similar, salad leaves and salsa, or a selection of relishes.