Masala Lamb Burgers
A delicious burger made with lamb mince, aromatic spices, fresh root ginger and finely chopped chillies. A great burger for alfresco barbecues.
- 450g lamb mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into four 9cm burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers in mini naan breads or rolls of your choice, with a spoonful of prepared mango relish on top and a side salad.