Masala Lamb Burgers
- 450g/1lb lamb mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp garam masala
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
1.In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into four 9cm/3½inch burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
2.Cook the burgers under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and meat juices run clear.
3.Serve the burgers with a spoonful of relish or mini naan bread or bread rolls of your choice.