Beef and Tomato Tortilla Stack
A pizza style recipe that the children will love and only takes 30 minutes to cook with beef mince, tortillas, a tomato-based sauce and grated cheese.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 x 400g can cherry or chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons tomato pureé
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire or brown sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- 100g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan until hot and cook the mince, onion and garlic for 5-7 minutes until brown. Add the paprika, canned tomatoes, tomato purée, Worcestershire or brown sauce. Season.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir through the coriander.
- Place a tortilla on a large non-stick baking tray and spoon over a portion of the mince mixture evenly and a handful of cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Cut into quarters and serve with salad leaves and a soured cream dip.