Honey and Mustard Glazed Roast Beef
A simple way to flavour a Sunday roast. Honey and wholegrain mustard brushed over a beef topside or silverside joint.
1 hour 30 minutes
To Cook Rare: 20 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 20 minutes
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
- 1.3kg lean topside or silverside joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 3 tablespoons clear honey
- 5 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 180-190°C, 350-375°F, gas mark 4-5.
- In a small bowl mix together the honey and mustard. Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slits over it’s surface. Season and rub the mixture over the surface of the joint and into the slits.
- Place the joint on a metal rack in a large roasting tin and open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any rich meat juices.
- Serve hot with all the trimmings or eat cold in sandwiches or wraps. Why not try our Roast Beef Wraps with Watercress and Radish Raita recipe?