Madras Beef Curry (Slow Cooker version)
This easy to make beef curry uses a jar of curry sauce and is cooked in the slow cooker. Just pop the ingredients in the slow cooker, switch on and leave to cook slowly.
- 675g chuck steak, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed or 1 teaspoon garlic puree
- 1 x 420-450g jar Madras curry sauce or similar
- 300ml good, hot beef stock
- 3 tablespoons natural yogurt
- Small handful freshly chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
Put all the ingredients except the yogurt and coriander in large slow cooker.
Turn the slow cooker on HiGH for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours or according to your manufacturers’ handbook
30 minutes before the end of the cooking time add the yogurt and continue to cook for the remainder of the cooking time.
Season if required, garnish with the coriander and serve the curry with rice or naan bread or poppadoms and a selection on chutneys.