Pocket Filled Steaks with Garlic and Herb Soft Cheese
A special steak dish, sirloin, rump or rib eye stuffed with mushrooms and garlic and herb cream cheese
Based on a 2cm thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 lean sirloin, rump or rib-eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
- 150g soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, until soft. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Place the steaks on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife make a ‘pocket’ cut, taking care not to cut through all the steaks. In a small bowl mix together cooled mushrooms and soft cheese with garlic and herbs. Spread the mixture evenly inside each pocket.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and cook the steaks according to your preference.
- Serve the steaks with any remaining soft cheese, chunky chips and mixed salad leaves.