Flat Iron Steaks with Olive Tapenade
- 4 x 175g/6oz lean flat iron steaks
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
- 20ml/4tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- For the Tapenade
- :50g/2oz kalamata black olives, stoned and drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1-2 anchovies, drained
- 25g/1oz capers in brine, drained
- 10ml/2tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 25g/1oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- Juice of ½ lemon
1.To prepare the tapenade; place the olives, garlic, anchovy, capers, thyme and tomatoes and lemon juice in a processor or blender and process for 1-2 minutes to form a rough paste.
2. Place the steaks on a chopping board, season and sprinkle with the herbs on and oil on both sides.
3. Cook on the steaks on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill according to your preference (Rare -2 minutes on each side, Medium Rare - 3-4 minutes on each side, Medium - 5-7 minutes on each side). Cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
4. Serve the steaks with the tapenade and chunky chips.