Spicy Herb Marinated Flat Iron Steaks
A delicious beef recipe,featuring flat iron steaks, marinated in herbs and spices. It is ideal for the barbecue during the warmer months. A great alternative cut for those who like their steaks.
- 4 x 175g/6oz lean flat-iron steaks
For the Spicy Herb Marinade
- :1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 10ml/2tsp freshly chopped mint
- 10ml/2tsp freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 15ml/1tbsp runny honey or golden syrup
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 5ml/1tsp cumin powder
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- To prepare the marinade; in a large shallow non-metallic dish mix all the ingredients together. Place the steaks in the marinade mixture and coat well on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours, or if time allows overnight.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade (discard the marinade) and cook under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue according to your preference(Rare -2 minutes on each side, Medium Rare -3-4 minutes on each side, Medium -5-7 minutes on each side). Transfer to a warm plate, cover the foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with steaks with a pea, watercress and potato salad.