BBQ Maple Glazed Beef Kebabs with Tacos
Beef kebabs or skewers made with cubes of beef rump or picanha steak flavoured with cayenne and maple syrup cooked on a prepared barbecue or grill. Serve with home-made avocado and beetroot salsa for a simple and tasty dinner.
- 450g lean rump or picanha steaks, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or runny honey
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil
- For the Avocado and Beetroot Salsa:
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, stoned, peeled and diced
- ½ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 small, cooked baby beetroots, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 large handfuls watercress leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 8 crisp Taco trays or shells, warmed
- To prepare the kebabs; in a small dish mix together the cayenne pepper, maple syrup or honey, seasoning and oil.
- Thread the beef cubes onto 4-6 small metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for at least 20 minutes). Brush the kebabs with the cayenne mixture on both sides.
- Cook the kebabs under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer to a warm plate to rest.
- To prepare the avocado and beetroot salsa; in a small bowl mix all the salsa ingredients together (except the sour cream or low-fat crème fraîche). Spoon the salsa into the taco trays or shells and position the kebabs on top.
- Serve the kebabs and tacos with the salsa and the sour cream or crème fraîche.