Citrus Marinated Beef Steaks
Lean rump steaks marinated in chilli flakes, orange juice,oil, lime juice, maple syrup or honey, light soy sauce, spring onions and seasoning. Steaks are cooked on the barbecue or under a grill. Serve with a green salad with avocado cubes. Cooked in under 15 minutes, it's another mid-week meal hit.
- 4 x 175g lean rump steaks
For the Citrus Marinade:
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 100ml fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Remove the steaks from the fridge at least 20 minutes before cooking to bring up to room temperature. Transfer to a plate, cover and use when required.
- To prepare the marinade; in a large bowl mix all the ingredients together. Pour the marinade into a shallow non-metallic dish. Place the steaks in the marinade mixture and coat well on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or if time allows overnight.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade (discard the marinade) and cook under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue according to your preference, or until any meat juices run clear.
- Remove the steaks from the pan, transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and rest for a few minutes.
- Serve with steaks an avocado salad and potato wedges.