Beef and Parmesan Pizza with Herb Oil
Ideal light lunch or snack. Beef rump sirloin or rump strips on a ciabatta base with sundried tomato dressing.
- 225g/8oz lean sirloin or rump steak
- 1 x part-baked Ciabatta bread, cut in half lengthways
- 25g/1oz prepared garlic butter
- 60ml/4tbsp prepared basil oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 small bag rocket leaves
- 50g/2oz fresh Parmesan shavings
- 50g/2oz pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 x 150g bag green salad leaves
- ½ large cucumber, cubed
- 90ml/6tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp white wine or sherry vinegar
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
- or 15ml/1tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 7, 220°C/425°F.
- Place the Ciabatta bread on a large non-stick tray, lightly prick with a fork, brush with the garlic butter and bake according to the packet instructions until golden brown.
- To prepare the salad and dressing, place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Put the dressing ingredients into a screw-topped jar and shake until combined. Season and pour over the salad.
- Place the beef in a bowl and coat with 45ml/3tbsp of the basil oil and seasoning. Cook on a hot non-stick griddle pan on the hob or on a prepared barbecue according to your preference. Transfer to a plate and leave to rest for 2 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Arrange the rocket, beef, Parmesan and olives over the Ciabatta and drizzle with the remaining basil oil.
- Serve with the salad.