Mini Meaty Pizzas
Quick snack or appetiser the kids will love too. Mini lamb or beef meatballs with roasted peppers and mozzarella cheese baked on mini naan breads.
- 225g lean lamb or beef mince
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic salt or granules (available at most supermarkets)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 plain mini naan breads
- 4 tablespoons tomato purée or passata
- ½ x 280g jar prepared roasted peppers, drained and sliced or roughly chopped
- 1 x 125g tub mini mozzarella cheese balls, or any stringy cheese of your choice, torn
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Small basil leaves, to garnish
- In a large bowl mix together the mince, seasoning, herbs and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into 16 small meatballs, roughly the size of a walnut.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the meatballs for 3-4 minutes on both sides until brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
- Place the naan breads on a baking sheet and spread each one with 1 tablespoon tomato purée. Top with the roasted peppers, meatballs and cheese. Drizzle over the olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the base is crispy and the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with the basil leaves and serve immediately with a crisp salad.