Lamb and Tomato Pizza with Rocket
A traditional pizza spread with prepared onion relish, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese with strips of lamb leg steaks or stir-fry strips and finished with fresh rocket or baby spinach leaves.
- 375g lean lamb stir fry strips or boneless lamb leg steaks, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- 4 teaspoons rapeseed or olive oil
- 4 tablespoons prepared onion relish
- 100g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 x 125g pack mini mozzarella cheese balls, drained and roughly torn
- 25g fresh rocket or baby spinach leaves, rinsed
For the Pizza Base:
- 1 x 500g pack white bread mix
- To make the pizza bases. Make up the bread dough according to the packet instructions. Mix to form a firm dough and turn out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
- Roll out into 2 large thin rounds (25cm in diameter). Carefully transfer to 2 large, lightly floured baking sheets. Drizzle with half the oil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Put the lamb in a large, plastic food bag, season, add the herbs, seal and shake well.
- Heat a large non-stick pan with the remaining oil and stir fry the lamb for 4-5 minutes until brown, tossing occasionally.
- Remove the pizza bases from the oven and spread each base with 2 tablespoons of the onion relish. Scatter over the tomatoes, lamb strips and torn pieces of mozzarella. Return the pizzas to the oven and cook for a further 6-8 minutes.
- Garnish the pizzas with fresh rocket or spinach leaves. Cut into portions and serve with a crisp salad.