Lamb and Tomato Pizza with Rocket
- 375g/12oz lean lamb stir fry strips or boneless lamb leg steaks, cut into thin strips
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 5ml/1tsp dried oregano or basil
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 20ml/4tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 60ml/4tbsp prepared onion relish
- 100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 x 125g pack mini mozzarella cheese balls, drained and roughly torn
- 25g/1oz fresh rocket or baby spinach leaves, rinsed
For the Pizza Base:
- 1 x 500g pack white bread mix
To make the pizza bases. Make up the bread dough according to the packet instructions. Mix to form a firm dough and turn out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 7, 220°C, 425°F.
Roll out into 2 large thin rounds (25cm/10inches in diameter). Carefully transfer to 2 large, lightly floured baking sheets. Drizzle with half the oil and bake for 10 minutes.
Put the lamb in a large, plastic food bag, season, add the herbs, seal and shake well.
Heat a large non-stick pan with the remaining oil and stir fry the lamb for 4-5 minutes until brown, tossing occasionally.
Remove the pizza bases from the oven and spread each base with 30ml/2tbsp of the onion relish. Scatter over the tomatoes, lamb strips and torn pieces of mozzarella. Return the pizzas to the oven and cook for a further 6-8 minutes.
Garnish the pizzas with fresh rocket or spinach leaves. Cut into portions and serve with a crisp salad.