Quick Massaman Curry
A delicious coconut flavoured South Eastern curry featuring beef or lamb strips, Massaman curry paste, new potatoes, fresh coriander, crunchy peanut butter, stock and roasted unsalted peanuts and only takes 25 minutes to cook!
- 450g/1lb lean beef or lamb strips
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 30ml/2tbsp Massaman curry paste
- 400ml/14fl oz can coconut milk
- 30ml/2tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 150ml/¼pint good hot beef or lamb stock
- 15ml/1tbsp fish sauce
- 450g/1lb small new potatoes, unpeeled and cut into quarters
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 25g/1oz roughly chopped roasted unsalted peanuts, to garnish
- Large handful of freshly chopped coriander, to garnish (optional)
Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the beef or lamb strips and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, stock and fish sauce. Bring to the boil. Add the potatoes, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked. Season to taste.
Garnish the curry with unsalted roasted peanuts and freshly chopped coriander (if used). Serve with boiled rice and seasonal vegetables.