Quick Massaman Curry
A delicious coconut flavoured Thai curry featuring beef or lamb strips, Massaman curry paste, new potatoes, fresh coriander, crunchy peanut butter, stock and roasted unsalted peanuts and only takes 25 minutes to cook!
- 450g lean beef or lamb strips
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Massaman curry paste
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 150ml good hot beef or lamb stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 450g small new potatoes, unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 25g roughly chopped roasted unsalted peanuts, to garnish
- Large handful of freshly chopped coriander, to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the beef or lamb strips and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, stock and fish sauce. Bring to the boil. Add the potatoes, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked. Season to taste.
- Garnish the curry with unsalted roasted peanuts and freshly chopped coriander (if used). Serve with boiled rice and seasonal vegetables.